One of the easiest and most affordable ways to bring some new style into a room is with plantation shutters. They are timeless, with plenty of classic and modern styles to choose from. One way to make them even more affordable is by installing them yourself, and you might be surprised to learn how simple of a process the installation of DIY shutters can be.
Do you like to do your own work around the house? If you’d prefer to install your own DIY plantation shutters instead of having us install them for you, we’re happy to get you set up with everything you need. Not only do we offer kits for cheap plantation shutters that you can install yourself to save some money, but we provide full instructions and support.
Plantation shutters can bring any room together, and they look amazing while doing it. We only carry high-quality shutters, and offer kits for homeowners to install their own shutters means we can provide better shutters than you’d find elsewhere, and you can save some cash by putting them in yourself.
We have a full-service option where we stop by your home, measure your window areas, and ensure you get the perfect fit and it’s still a great value, but if you’d like to save a little more money on top of that, then DIY is the way to go.
You won’t believe how cheap shutter blinds can be, especially when you’re installing them yourself. Let’s go over some of the details…
Reasons to Think About DIY Plantation Shutter Kits in the UK
First and foremost, you should feel proud when you sit down after a long day. You should look around your home, and feel like those long days of work have been worthwhile. There’s a certain pride that comes from installing stuff yourself. When your friends and family see your new shutters and complement them, you’ll know you did more than just pick them out yourself.
But complements or pride aren’t the only reasons to re-decorate and upgrade your living space. Not only do plantation shutters look amazing, but they’re also very functional.
Depending on which style you choose, you’ll have a lot of control over the light that enters your room, not to mention the airflow. Some shutters offer more flexible than others, it’s just a matter of choosing the ones that suit your home.
How Are We Able to Offer Cheap Shutter Blinds in the UK Without Compromising Quality?
There’s a common saying that you get what you pay for, but sometimes when you spend a lot, you’re just getting ripped off. We work directly with the best shutter manufacturers, and we have established great working relationships with them. Because of this, along with the number of customers we serve, we’re able to get incredible factory-direct pricing that you just won’t find elsewhere for shutters of this caliber.
Choosing Plantation Shutters for Your Home
We offer a number of different finishes. Just reach out to us and we would be more than happy to send you a sample of whichever finishes you’re interested in. This will give you the opportunity to see how it will actually look in your home without having to guess.
Our styles can be custom-cut to fit your windows perfectly. Here are a few things to keep in mind before choosing your shutters…
- Do you want your shutters to blend in with the colour of your room, or to stand out and contrast the existing design? In either case, you’ll need to identify the main colors in your room.
- If the layout of your home is more open, you will likely want to choose the same style for each room. If you’re just getting shutters for a bathroom or a bedroom that’s on its own, you don’t need to think about this!
- How much light do you want to let into the room, and do you want to change this throughout the day? If you choose a style that leaves part of the window exposed, will the sun get in your eyes or shine on your TV at certain times of the day? These things are worth considering! With the tier on tier style of shutters, you can block all light, or leave it totally open, or go half and half.
DIY Installation Tips
It’s easy to install these, but there are a few things that may trip you up if you’re not careful. Keep in mind…
If your windows have big handles on the inside, or they open inwards, then opting for shutters that mount to the outside of the window could be a better option than indoor shutters.
Make sure you measure your window carefully, this is the most important step! We have a measurement worksheet and templates that will help ensure you get a perfect measurement.
The most important tip is to reach out to us if you have any questions or you run into any trouble. We’ve had customers email us photos of their windows so that we can give specific, clear instructions on how to get a perfect measure.
Don’t worry, it’s not as intimidating as it sounds!
How to Install DIY Plantation Shutter Kits
All of our custom kits come with much more in-depth information on how to install them, and we’re always waiting by to help you if you reach out, but here’s a quick overview just so you know what to expect. We’ve got the high-quality, cheap shutter blinds UK homes need to look their best.
- Start by unpacking the boxes and making sure everything is there. It’s very rare for a part to be missing, but it’s better to notice as soon as possible.
- Once everything’s there, it’s time to move your furniture out of the way. You’ll need plenty of space to work, and you don’t want to knock anything over.
- Start by assembling the frame following the very simple instructions.
- Now, put the frame in place on the window, and attach it using the provided screws.
- The hinge pin connects the panels onto the frame.
- Now is when you’ll make any minor adjustments to the height and placement, before locking everything in place with the special locking screws.
This is just a quick overview, of course, there are some other smaller steps involved along the way, but none of them are any more difficult than what we’ve discussed.
What Happens Next?
If you’re ready to talk to us and set up an in-home visit or to get the templates to measure things yourself, check out some samples, or just to learn more… we’re looking forward to hearing from you! We are happy to answer any questions you have and to help set you on the path towards getting home someday soon, looking at your plantation shutters, and feeling the sense of pride that comes from a perfectly-executed DIY project.